SAIL Full Form: What is the Full Form of SAIL
Full Form of SAIL: Here in this post we are going to discuss about SAIL, SAIL Full Form, History, Operations, Achievements, Units of SAIL and many more.
SAIL Full Form
STEEL AUTHORITY OF INDIA LIMITED
SAIL full form is Steel Authority Of India Limited. It is a public sector undertaking which is owned and controlled by Government of India. According to Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) was incorporated on 14th of January 1973 and the headquarter is situated in New Delhi.
SAIL is India’s largest and world’s 20th biggest steel producer. The Current Chairman of Steel Authority Of India Limited is Soma Mandal and it has around 79000 employees till the last of 2020.
History of SAIL
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) was incorporated on 14th of January 1973.
- However the main origin of SAIL is Hindustan Steel Limited which was incorporated in 1954.
- In 1976, Bhilai steel limited, Rourkela steel limited and Durgapur steel Limited were become the full subsidiary of Steel Authority of India Limited.
- Bokaro steel plant, one of the major steel plants of SAIL was incorporated in 1964.
- In 1990 company decide to redevelop the program of their all plants.
- In 2010 the company were awarded by Maharatna Award by Government of India.
Operations of SAIL
It is a India’s largest biggest steel producer with a annual production of 16.30 million metric tons steel. SAIL has 5 major steel plants named as –
- Bhilai Steel Plant
- Rourkela Steel Plant
- Bokaro Steel Plant
- Durgapur Steel Plant
- IISCO Steel Plant
Appart from these major steel plants there are 3 special steel plants named as –
- Alloy Steel Plant
- Salem steel plant
- Visvesvaraya Iron and Steel Limited
- SAIL receive Rajiv Gandhi National quality award in 1993, 2006 and 2007.
- The company won Quality Summit New York Gold Trophy for their excellence maintenance for Sumitomo Heavy Industry in 2007.
- In 2008 it was featured in Forbes Global 2000 on 647th position.
- In 2009, Bhilai Steel Plant won Golden Peacock Award for their best CSR.
- It was awarded by Maharatna Award by Government of India in 2010.
- In 2011 Salem steel plant has won the prestigious National sustainability award.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Answer: The headquarter is situated in New Delhi
Answer: Government of India is the owner of Steel Authority Of India Limited. Government of India has 75% shares of it.
Answer: SAIL full form is Steel Authority Of India Limited
Answer: This is an exam which is conducted by Steel Authority of India Limited for management trainee. This exam is held every year in march month.
Answer: Steel Authority of India Limited is India’s leading Steel manufacturer company and which responsible to fulfill the need of Steel inside the country.
Read This Alos:
|HCL Full Form||NTPC Full Form|
|NSC Full Form||ONGC Full Form|
|NSDL Full Form||RBI Full Form|
|IRCTC Full Form||BSNL Full Form|