NTPC Full Form: What is the Full Form of NTPC
Full Form of NTPC: Here in this post we are going to discuss about NTPC, NTPC Full Form, History, Operations, Share Holdings of NTPC and many more.
NTPC Full Form
NATIONAL THERMAL POWER CORPORATION LIMITED
NTPC full form is National Thermal Power Corporation Limited. NTPC is public sector undertaking which is owned and governed by Government of India. National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC) was incorporated on 7th November 1975 by Government of India.
The headquarters of NTPC is situated in New Delhi and it’s main business is production and distribution of electricity to State Electricity Board of India and state owned power distribution companies. The shares of NTPC are also listed in both stock exchange of India.
History of NTPC
- It was incorporated on 7th November 1975 by the government of India
- In 1976, NTPC become a public sector undertaking
- D. V. Kapoor become the first Chairman and managing director of NTPC on 17 of March 1976
- In 1997, NTPC was awarded by Navratri award by Government of India
- For the first time in 1989, other than production and distribution of electricity,
- In 1989, It’s started their consultancy division.
- NTPC started construction of the first hydroelectric power project in Himachal Pradesh in 2000.
- In 2005, it changed their name from National Thermal Power Corporation Limited to NTPC Limited.
- In 2010, Government of India awarded NTPC by Maharatna Award.
Operations of NTPC
NTPC operate in 70 different locations in India and in two other countries, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. Other than that it operate into two different types of power plants, first thermal power and second hydro power.
Shareholdings of NTPC
National Thermal Power Corporation of India (NTPC) is a Government Company and the shareholdings in it are as follow-
|Government of India||64.7 4%|
|Foreign institutional investors||16.1 3%|
|Financial Institutions Bank||16.9 5%|
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Answer: NTPC full form is National Thermal Power Corporation Limited
Answer: The main headquarter of NTPC is situated in New Delhi. Other than that they have 8 regional headquarters in Delhi, Mumbai, Udaipur, Patna, Lucknow, Bhubaneswar, Secunderabad. Raipur.
Answer: There are two meanings of NTPC firstly related to power production named, National Thermal Power Corporation Limited and second is related to Railway exam that is non-technical popular categories.
Answer: Non-Technical Popular Categories
Answer: It is a Government owned undertaking and RRB NTPC just and exam organized by Indian Railway.
Answer: It is India’s largest Thermal Power production company and the role of it is to fulfill the need of electricity of the country.
Read This Also: