NSDL Full Form: What is the Full Form of NSDL
Full Form of NSDL: Here in this post we are going to discuss about NSDL, NSDL Full Form, History, Facts about NSDL, Advantage of NSDL and many more.
NSDL Full Form
NATIONAL SECURITIES DEPOSITORY LIMITED
NSDL full form is National securities depository Limited. NSDL is one of the two securities depositories in India. The head office of NSDL is situated in Mumbai. National securities depository Limited (NSDL) was incorporated on August, 1996.
All shares in India are held in digital format. NSDL is an institution that works to store the Shares, Debenture of Bond in digital format. Two Security Depositories operate in India, first is NSDL and second is CDSL out of them NSDL is India’s first and largest securities depository.
History of NSDL
- NSDL was incorporated on August, 1996.
- National securities depository Limited (NSDL) was incorporated on the recommendations of National Institute for economic development.
- NSDL was incorporated to hold the securities in digital format.
- In 2009 NSDL cross 1 crore demat accounts.
Advantage of NSDL
- Many people use NSDL services.
- Nearly everyone uses the facility of the NSDL, but even then, the full form of NSDL is not known to everyone. Know the full form of NSDL along with its benefits is also very important.
- NSDL is a security depository which keeps our securities and investment safe.
- NSDL is guaranteed by SEBI it means it is reliable and safe.
- Every sale, purchase and transfer of securities is documented by NSDL in their Central database.
- Investor can take regular statement of account of their transaction for better follow up.
- Because of NSDL, sale and purchase of securities are fast and safe.
- NSDL keeps the date in digital format which lead less paper work and easy to access.
- Due to digital format transfer of security from one name to other name is very fast now.
Promoters and shareholders of NSDL
Promoters of NSDL
- Industrial Development Bank of India
- Unit Trust of India
- National Stock Exchange of India Limited
Shareholders of NSDL
- State Bank of India
- Bank of Baroda
- Punjab National Bank
- HDFC Bank
- Axis Bank
- Canara Bank
- HSBC Bank India
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Deutsche Bank
Read This Also: